Outage Information > Browns Ferry
BHI Energy welcomes you to your assignment at Brown's Ferry. This blog is intended to familiarize yourself with the site and local area in preparation for your employment with BHI Energy at Brown's Ferry.
Brown's Ferry is a 3 unit GE designed BWR located on Wheeler Lake in Decatur Alabama, east of Huntsville and south of Athens Alabama. The plant is owned and operated by The Tennessee Valley Authority.
Brown's Ferry considers safety to be of paramount importance and the first consideration when planning and executing all tasks. All Brown's Ferry station personnel are required to immediately report unsafe conditions or actions to their appropriate upervisor.
While working at Brown's Ferry, all BHI Energy team members are required to fully observe all site policies, procedures, directives, regulations, and refrain from any activity that may result in an unsafe condition or regulatory violation.
Please direct all questions to your appropriate supervisor or the BHI Energy Site Leader.
Thank you for choosing to be part of the BHI Energy team at Brown's Ferry. Bartlett and TVA look forward to your assignment. We appreciate your efforts in assisting Brown's Ferry with surpassing it's goals for safety and performance.
Browns Ferry Spring 2019
Start : 3/2/2019
Duration: 35 days
***NOTE: ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND VERIFICATION THROUGH BHI RECRUITING PERSONNEL, CONTACT BHI RECRUITING FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION***
Staffing Dates: Staffing dates are determined by Central In Processing and will be communicated to you at time of confiramtion. In general, non-returnees will staff 2 weeks prior to outage start and returnees 1 week prior. There are serveral starting dates, please confirm with Tricia your specific start date.
Call BHI recruiting, Tricia at 1268 for any specific information on staffing dates, pay/per diem/travel, work schedule, etc.
BHI Energy Recruiting
Tricia Cusimano, 800-225-0385, x1268
BHI Energy Brown's Ferry Site Manager
BHI Energy recently made changes to the payment method of per diem for eligible employees. To assist you in understanding these changes, we have prepared the following answers to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). If you need further information or have any questions, please call the Payroll Department @ 800-225-0385
1) If I already have Direct Deposit (DD) will my Per Diem (PD) automatically be deposited ? YES
2) Can I still elect to receive a “live” PD check? PD is a non-taxable earning code on the weekly check. It is no longer a separate check. The entire check is paid either DD or live check, based on employee set up.
3) Is travel expenses and/or travel day PD included as a DD? For employees recruited out of the Piedmont SC office, travel is part of the weekly check (i.e., would be DD if employee is set up for DD). For employees recruited out of the Weymouth MA office, travel continues to be a live check. As we continue to streamline operations, we expect to have a consistent process by year end.
4) Will cash advances be DDed? Per Diem advances will continue to be a live check.
5) Will bonuses/incentives be DDed ? Bonuses will continue to be a live check.
6) Can PD be DDed into a different account? Employees are set up for one direct deposit account. The entire check is DD into the one account in the employee record. To ensure operational efficiency and reduced account maintenance and minimal direct deposit rejects, the limit is one account for DD.
7) How will it appear on my stub? The Per Diem is a separate non-taxable line item on the check. The earning code (PD1) shows as a separate line on the check. The number of days per diem, the per diem rate, and total amount shows on the check stub.
8) Will my W-2 be any different? The Per Diem will not show on the W2 earnings, as per diem is not taxable wages.
9) Can I opt out of DD? To delete DD, please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to cancel DD. Please include name and last 4 digits of SSN.
Report Time: 0700
Report Location: Bellefonte In-Processing Facility.
Bellefonte In-Processing Facility.
Address: 29199 Highway 72
Hollywood AL 35752
Look for the Bellefonte site access road, the In-processing facility is immediatly off Route 72.
Assignments lasting longer than 90 days at a TVA site are subject to a certification process to establish eligibility to recieve Long Term Assignment Expenses. This only applies to individulas recieving Non-local pay and Living Expenses. Long Term Assignment Living Expense (LTLE) is equivalent to $70 per day. To demonstrate eligibility for LTLE employees must complete a TVA certification form and provide supporrting documentation such as current mortgage statements, tax records, utility bills, deeds, rental agreements, proof of payment, etc. This applies to all assignments that are scheduled to last >90 days. The BNI contact for more information regarding the certification process is Brandy Neal at 864-873-6206, email@example.com
. BNI will notify all affected employees in advance of the certification due date to begin the process. Failure to submit the required documentation or successfully complete the process will result in termination of all LTLE and recovery of any LTLE paid.
From Huntsville: Take Highway 20 west to Alternate Route 72 west to the intersection with Highway31. Take 31 north approximately 9 miles and look for the sign for Nuclear Plant Road on left side. Turn left and follow Nuclear Plant Road to the site.
From Athens: Take Route 72 west to State Route 29 south. Stay on SR29 south. to within sight of the station. Look for acces road at end of SR 29.
All in-processing is performed at the Training Center. You will be advised of the room number and report time when you confirm for assignment.
Hughes Road, Madison.
8690 US HWY 72, Clements.
Decatur Christian Church
414 Clark Street SW, Decatur.
First Missionary Baptist
3509 Blue Springs Road NW, Huntsville.
Friendship United Methodist
16479 Lucas Ferry Road, Athens.
New Life Assembly Of God
16768 US HWY 72 West, Athens.
Sardis Springs Church Of Christ
19844 Morresville Road, Athens.
Bolton Service Center
23415 Pepper road, Athens.
Hood Tractor & RV Center
HWY 67 East, Decatur.
Andy's RV Service & Discount Parts
2534 Deere Road, Decatur.