BHI Energy recently made changes to the payment method of per diem for eligible employees. To assist you in understanding these changes, we have prepared the following answers to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). If you need further information or have any questions, please call the Payroll Department @ 800-225-0385
1) If I already have Direct Deposit (DD) will my Per Diem (PD) automatically be deposited ? YES
2) Can I still elect to receive a “live” PD check? PD is a non-taxable earning code on the weekly check. It is no longer a separate check. The entire check is paid either DD or live check, based on employee set up.
3) Is travel expenses and/or travel day PD included as a DD? For employees recruited out of the Piedmont SC office, travel is part of the weekly check (i.e., would be DD if employee is set up for DD). For employees recruited out of the Weymouth MA office, travel continues to be a live check. As we continue to streamline operations, we expect to have a consistent process by year end.
4) Will cash advances be DDed? Per Diem advances will continue to be a live check.
5) Will bonuses/incentives be DDed ? Bonuses will continue to be a live check.
6) Can PD be DDed into a different account? Employees are set up for one direct deposit account. The entire check is DD into the one account in the employee record. To ensure operational efficiency and reduced account maintenance and minimal direct deposit rejects, the limit is one account for DD.
7) How will it appear on my stub? The Per Diem is a separate non-taxable line item on the check. The earning code (PD1) shows as a separate line on the check. The number of days per diem, the per diem rate, and total amount shows on the check stub.
8) Will my W-2 be any different? The Per Diem will not show on the W2 earnings, as per diem is not taxable wages.
9) Can I opt out of DD? To delete DD, please email email@example.com requesting to cancel DD. Please include name and last 4 digits of SSN.
In-processing info Columbia 2019
Some info for the Columbia outage this spring:
Please check this blog for an update as your start date nears. Information such as start time and place may change as outage nears.
Directions to the site...take Stevens Dr North from Richland until you reach MM16, there is a sign there that directs you to Energy Northwest in-processing. You go right off of Stevens Dr (also known as the bypass/Hanford Hwy. You then proceed about a mile and turn left just after the RR tracks (watch for signs)… the road heads toward the plant then weaves (some wash boarded gravel) to the parking lot for bldg. 184. Bldg 184 is down the hill, be careful walking, loose gravel and a jersey barrier to cross (use stairs and handrails!!!
Once at Bldg 184 you check in with the staff at an available window…you will receive a folder with a traveler in it, maps, a handbook...please keep it as you will need it on site. The traveler will list what you need to do… typically you will start with a PHQ check at the security window, Photo ID copy if needed, hand geometry, badge photo, etc...Then you can start CBT’s...these will vary with each technician, you will also have some things scheduled such as Occupational Health, Dosimetry, Fall Protection Practical, Dress Out, etc...not everyone will need everything. Badges will be hung at the security window in Bldg 184, they will start to become available Wednesday afternoon.
Once you are complete and have a badge, you can report to the Plant.
IF you are done Wednesday afternoon, please report to the plant at 0600, otherwise return to Bldg 184 and finish outstanding items from your traveler.
To get to the plant you return to Stevens Dr./Hanford Hwy and proceed NW to the Energy Northwest, Columbia plant access road...DO NOT SPEED...there is a security checkpoint, please be sure to check your vehicle for contraband prior to coming onsite...then make your way to parking and access the PA via the security access building. Our Break trailer is 152. (Shared with laborers.)
I will be around to provide guidance as needed.
Thank you...Barry Keele
Kennewick-Pasco-Richland Temporary Housing
1 Bedrooms 1 Bed/1 Bath 700-900sf
2 Bedrooms 2 Bed/1 Bath 900-1200sf
3 Bedrooms 3 Bed/2 Bath 1100-1500sf
Why Corporate Housing?
Cheaper than a hotel
Three times the square footage
Up to three bedrooms
No sales tax
Full kitchen and amenities
Please reference the Columbia Generating Outage Project
Energy Northwest, Columbia Generating Station has a new EPHQ Process...
You will receive an email directly from Energy Northwest, with the appropriate PHQ per your last unescorted access, please follow the specific directions provided in the email & contact Energy Northwest Access Authorization with any questions.
Thank you for choosing Columbia Station Unit II spring refueling outage.
· The outage is scheduled to begin May 15, 2019.
· The outage duration is approx. 32 days
· During the outage we will work six twelve’s (72 hours per week)
· Training: If you encounter any problems, will be late or cannot attend training, call 509-377-2245 HP main control point. They will provide you with a contact Tel# to call.
REPORT TIME & LOCATION
Report time and location is yet to be determined, update will be provided as report dates near.
PLEASE SEE MAPS BELOW
The address is:
3000 George Washington Way, Richland, WA, 99354
Columbia MPF Parking Map.pdf
Colmbia Corp Bldg ENOC Floor Map.pdf
The outage shifts will be: Days 06:00 to 18:00 and Night shift 18:00 to 06:00
Smoking Policy: There have been no problems in the past, so please don't abuse. There are designated smoking areas onsite. You are allowed to go there on your break.
The state of Washington has recently passed a law on legalizing marijuana...although it is legalized in the state, it is still against the law & prohibited on the Energy Northwest-Columbia Generating Station property. You will still be subject to & required to pass all required, scheduled or random drug & alcohol screenings.
Health Physics Entrance Examination:
Northeast Utility Fundamentals HP Technician Exam (passing score ≥80% for 3.1 & 18.1 seniors ) . No NUF exam required for juniors. The maximum time you can take the exam is three.
1. The Nuclear Utility Fundamentals HP Technician Exam (qualified and ≥80% for 3.1 seniors) is good within the previous 5 years .
Things to Bring to Columbia Generating Station:
Identification - You will need a valid photo ID (driver’s license, Passport) and your social
security card or birth certificate.
Safety Equipment - ANSI Z75 steel toe safety shoes are not required. Leather, substantial upper and bottom sole shoes are required in the power block. Hard hats, safety glasses and modesty garments, scrubs, 2 sets, will be provided. You can come and go on site wearing your scrubs.
Things NOT to bring to Columbia Generating Station:
Any weapons, guns, knives, ammunition, etc...the basic rule of thought shoudl be followed: if you think it could be an issue, don't bring it...
HP INSTRUMENT TEST:
You will be given an HP Instrument multiple choice written Exam as part of your in-processing activities. Slides of various HP instruments are projected on a screen and you have to identify what the instrument is reading. Reivew the (click on "training material") training material for more information.
My email address onsite @ Columbia is:
My Email prior to arrival at Columbia is firstname.lastname@example.org
This is the best way to contact me.
Please go through recruiters to be submitted.
Email me with any questions you may have
Thank You Barry Keele
Site Manager Columbia Station
Note: RV parking is at
a premium right now in the tri-cities area… Make reservations early if you can.
Horn Rapids –
Currently booked full, taking names for backup list
Moon River – 509-392-7127
Wright Desert Gold –
Beach – 509-588-5959
Pasco KOA – 509-542-1357
Franklin County –
RV Village – 509-967-9900
Columbia Sun – 855-833-3886
Tri Cities – 509-783-2513
Note: There are also
Mobile home parks that have RV hook-ups.. a couple in Benton City.. I drove
through them and they seemed pretty full and a little sketchy…
There are some others in West
Richland, Richland, and Kennewick that look OK.