Outage Information > Duane Arnold
INFO ABOUT THE FALL 2018 DUANE ARNOLD OUTAGE.
THE DUANE ARNOLD MAIN REPORT DATES ARE AUGUST 20th & 27th, 2018. Contact your recruiter for your actual report date.
THE OUTAGE SHUT DOWN DATE WILL BE 9/4/2018. The outage is scheduled for about 25 days. YOU WILL NEED APPROPRIATE CLOTHING FOR INPROCESSING, NO SHORTS AND OR TANK TOPS.
Dale Pittman is the site manager for the outage. Dale reports to site on August 13th.
Link to Google Site Location Double Click Below:
PLEASE REFER TO THE REPORT DATE GIVEN TO YOU BY THE HOME OFFICE RECRUITERS.
WHEN AND WHERE DO I REPORT TO WHEN FIRST ARRIVING ON SITE?
When you first arrive, you will enter through a security checkpoint at the end of the access road. Keep to the Left with no need to stop; you are not considered a visitor.
You will park in the first parking lot on the right. Parking lot #6 is for contractors & well marked. You will see the training building up on the hill. The PSC ou will park in the first parking lot on the right. Parking lot #6 is for contractors & well marked. You will see the training building up on the hill. The PSC (Plant Support Center) is where you go, NOT THE TRAINING CENTER ! The PSC building is just below the training center on the bottom of the hill.There's a red stipe that runs around the top of the building. Report to Classsroom B when you first come in.
All badging will occur on the day shift only.
Inprocessing starts at 7:00am and runs until 3:30pm. You should arrive on site by 6:30am in order to be on time. If you will be a no show or late you must call the Site Manager Dale Pittman as soon as possible at 352 212 6846.
Double click and open the map below. You will be able to save and print to take with you.
MAP TO PSC BLDG.docx
Per Diem Documentation:
Per Diem Required Docs PP for site blogs.pdf
NEW - Need to bring your dose records with you in-hand from your last job.
A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE AND YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD. A PASSPORT WILL NOT DO. THIS AN FPL STIPULATION, PLEASE BE PREPARED.
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE PERSONNEL DRESS POLICY, WHICH REQUIRES US TO WEAR FULL-LENGTH PANTS, SLEEVED SHIRTS WITH NO OFFENSIVE LAUNGAUAGE OR SYMBOLS.
Please feel free to call Sam Bass at 800 225 0385, ext. 1233 or Dale Pittman 352 212 6846.
THE NUF EXAM IS GOOD FOR 5 YEARS AT ALL FPL / FPLE SITES. IF YOU KNOW YOU NEED TO TAKE IT PLEASE NOTIFY US SOON AS YOU CAN. STUDY MATERIAL CAN BE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU IF NEEDED. A PASSING GRADE OF 80% OR BETTER IS REQUIRED.
There is no bank of America in the area.You will have to rely on your ATM card,cash back when your purchase and item at a store,open a checking account and finally if you don't have direct deposit Walmart wiill cash a per diem check for a small fee.
EVERYONE IS EXPECTED TO WEAR ANSI Z75 STEEL TOE SHOES INSIDE THE POWER BLOCK.
The plant will issue you 3 sets of scrubs for use on site. OREX PC's are used at Duane Arnold.
PLEASE BRING YOUR HARDHAT FROM YOUR LAST JOB ASSIGNMENT IF POSSIBLE.
LODGING DUANE ARNOLD AREA Keep checking the site. Adding new places to stay as I receive them.
- Motels:There are many motels with weekly rates SW Cedar rapids on 33 AVE. Lowest I found was $350/week but you recieve your taxes back after one month.Note: Many of these motels require you to leave a day or two here there to accommodate pre booking for College football games.In town.
- Private Homes:Furnished private homes renting out one bedroom for the outage 15 to 20 minites from the plant. House people etc. Call Lisa Finch 319-981-6452
- RV Parks:About all the RV parks in the area are state run. Every two weeks you have to leave for few days then come back,.Lazy Acres awesome private RV park about 12 miles north of the plant. In Urbana IA. Large RV park & quiet.You are not rquired to leave unless the park is booked for football games.Tel : 319- 443-4000
- Modern Motel Vinton: IA. Communal grill & they supply the charcoal ! It's ok to have your your own grill too. Very laid back & quiet. Direct TV & free long distance calls.Weekly rentals include one load of laundry per wk. done for free and all folded. 20 miles NW of the plant.About 25 minute drive & next to no traffic.There are rooms availible where you do not need to move out during the Iowa Cedar Rapids college football games. I was informed that 7 rooms are availible as of 8/28/2016 for weekly rates. Two rooms have been rented by BHI folks so far.
- Large Rooms with Queen & Full bed, $367.50/Week including tax
- Rooms with full & twin beds $294.00/week including tax
- Rooms with Queen bed $294.00/week including tax
Tel: 319-472-2391 Mention BHI or
Bartlett when you call.
Double click on the following item links below: