Thank you for choosing to work at Fermi's Fall 2018 Refueling Outage
Here is some general information regarding the outage:
- The outage is scheduled to begin 9/22/18 and scheduled approx 30 days.
- Prior to the outage working hours are five eight’s (40 hours per week) overtime on as needed basis.
- During the outage working hours are six twelve’s (72 hours per week).
- Technicians filling Fatigue Management Rule (FMR) positions will have an alternative schedule.
Report Date And Time:
Please refer to the report date given to you by the BHI Recruiter.
At 07:00 on your first day, REPORT to the GTOC (General Training and Orientation Center) to sign in with BHI Energy. Training begins promptly at 8 am. Ensure you are on time for all training classes as the schedules are strictly adhered to.
Please park in the RED Contractor Parking ONLY. Cars parked in the BLUE lot are subject to be towed.
***Electronic Personnel History Questionnaire (E-PHQ)***
Both BHI and Fermi no longer use hard copy PHQ forms. An Electronic Personnel History Questionnaire (EPHQ) will be automatically e-mailed to you from BOTH BHI & Fermi approximately two to three weeks prior to your arrival on site.
Please monitor your e-mails for your EPHQ invite. The EPHQ is EXTREMELY TIME SENSITVE and should be completed promptly. Failure to do so in the time specified could result in start date delays or even the loss of employment opportunity. It is no longer acceptable to show up at the site without submitting your security paperwork within the pre-established time frame. Your cooperation with this matter is greatly appreciated.
Becky Mclaughlin: 734-586-4924
Joey Melenson: 800-225-0385 x 1272
Health Physics Entrance Examination:
Job Coverage Technicians must have one of the following:
· Certified Health Physicist must have been employed at a commercial site and/or DOD/DOE site within the last 18 months.
· NRRPT must be Active and have been employed at a commercial site and/or DOD/DOE site within the last 18 months.
· Completion of the North East Utilities Health Physics Fundamentals Exam (80%) within the last 5 years.
· Completion of the Health Physics Fundamentals Exam (RC-490-0001) within the last 5 years.
· Currently Senior RP qualified under a utility INPO Accredited Program.
Things to bring to Fermi and some general information.
· Identification - You will need a valid photo ID. You will also need proper identification for completing an I-9 (i.e. photo ID and social security card or original birth certificate).
· Please come prepared with information you may need such as dose history, FFD, etc.
· You will need sturdy leather upper shoes. “all leather uppers and slip resistant soles to adequately protect the feet and provide sure-footedness on all surfaces. ANSI approved shoes/boots may also be worn. (Exception: ANSI Z41 tennis style shoes cannot be worn)."
· RP Technicians will be issued a Yellow hardhat all other should bring your Gold BHI hardhat with you.
· Safety glasses, and modesty garments (orex scrubs) will be provided.
· You are allowed here at Fermi to come and go from the site with your personal scrubs on.
· One full service cafeteria is on site. During the outage they serve food on night shift also. There are scheduled hours for cafeteria services.
· Smoking Policy: Designated Smoking areas only. Prohibited to smoke in transit from one location to another and within 15 feet from any entrance.
· Obey all site traffic markings and speed limit postings.STOP SIGNS AND SPEED LIMITS ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED HERE AT FERMI. Be cautious of pedestrians and wildlife!
· Call the BHI Recruiter for your travel pay, bonus, hourly rate and your Per Diem amount.
· Holidays are Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day here at Fermi. They are paid if you meet the criteria mentioned in the BHI Employee Handbook.
Fermi is located in South East Michigan off of I-75 between Toledo and Detroit. Get off I.-75 in Monroe MI. at Exit 15, Dixie Highway and head north for about 5 miles to Enrico Fermi Drive.
The Address for Fermi is:
6400 N. Dixie Highway
Newport MI, 48166
Hampton Inn, Monroe MI. (734)-289-5700
Red Roof Inn, Monroe MI. (734)-289-2330
Motel 6, Monroe MI. (734)-289-2000
Knights Inn, Monroe MI. (734)-243-0597
Americas Best Value Inn, Monroe MI (734)-289-1080
Quality Inn, Monroe MI. (734) 242-6000
Baymont Inn, Monroe MI. (734)-384-1600
Comfort Inn, Monroe MI. (734)-384-1500
Hotel Sterling, Monroe MI, (734)-242-6212
Del Rio Apartments (furnished), Monroe MI. (734)-242-6026
Camp Lord Willing. (877)-210-8700
Harbortown RV Resort (734)-384-4700