*** Important Information ***
In-Processing Orientation for Kings Mountain
Please follow the link below that will take you to the Duke Energy Home Page...
Click here for Kings Mt In-Processing & Orientation
Before arriving at Kings Mountain for in-processing, training and badging, it is important that contingent workers know Duke Energy's pre-arrival and arrival expectations, such as dress code, documentation that needs to be completed beforehand, and safety protocols.
We are looking forward to having you here at Oconee during our upcoming outage and would like to do all we can to make your stay here beneficial and productive for you. We provide a full range of cleaning services for the site in addition to providing Decontamination Services, Radiation Protection Services, Tool Room, Warehouse personnel, Material Handlers, Asbestos Insulators and even mail delivery service. BHI Energy provides approximately 140 people to the site year round and will be adding about 200 additional persons for our upcoming Outage. We have 3 operating units at our site. We have earned an excellent reputation with our client by providing quality personnel and services. We place our confidence in you to help maintain and improve our reputation.
To help us out initially please:
- Bring two forms of Identification so we can complete the Employment Eligibility Verification form. If you are not familiar with what forms of ID are acceptable, then please give us a call.
- Bring two documents for proof of residency. ie: Driver license, Electric Bill, Telephone Bill, Credit Card Bill, or Voter Registration Card.
- Adhere to the personal dress policy, which requires us to wear full-length pants, sleeved shirts with no offensive language or symbols, and leather or leather simulated type material shoes. Some job classifications do require steel toe shoes. Other than that you should dress appropriately using good judgment. Jeans are allowed.
- Please note that personnel are allowed to wear scrubs in and out of the plant however they are not allowed to wear them under their Orex as modesty garments.
- All employees working under Maintenance are required to wear safety shoes.
- Please remember to take your white hard hat with you to your next site.
Report Date and Time:
- 6:30 is the report time on the morning of your report date. Please refer to the report date given to you by the BHI recruiter.
For assistance contact:
Directions to Kings Mountain Training Center:
Kings Mountain Generation Support Facility
1040 Beason Creek Road
Kings Mountain, NC 28086
Brandy Neal : Payroll & Personnel Manager: (864) 873-6206
Directions from Charlotte:
Take 85 South. Take exit 10B to merge onto US-74 W/Andrew Jackson Hwy toward Kings Mountain/Shelby. Take exit toward US-74 BUS/Moss Lake/Waco. Turn left at Stony Point Rd. Continue on Shelby Rd. Turn right at Vestibule Church Rd. Turn left at Commerce Blvd. Take 1st right onto Beason Creek Rd.
Directions from Greenville/Spartanburg:
Take I-85 North. Take Exit 5 for Dixon School Rd, turn left onto Dixon School Rd, stay straight to go onto Kings Mountain Blvd, turn left onto Shelby Rd/US-74 BUS, turn left onto Vestibule Church Rd. Take a left at Commerce Blvd. Take 1st right onto Beason Creek Rd.
Holiday Inn Express:
100 Woodlake Parkway Kings Mountain, NC 704-734-0014
2001 E. Dixon Blvd. Shelby, NC 704-480-0881
1010 Sue Lane Shelby, NC 704-487-1001
Express Inn and Suites:
1601 Bessemer City Rd. Gastonia, NC 843-446-1188
802 Cecilia Alexander Fr. Belmont, NC 800-(Hampton) 426-7866, 704-825-6100
1859 Remount Road Gastonia, NC 704-866-9090
2012 E. Marion Street Shelby, NC 704-482-5666
1921 Bessemer City Road Gastonia, NC 704-853-0045
920 Grove Street Shelby, NC 704-471-0441
America’s Best Value Inn:
1721 Broadcast Street Gastonia, NC 704-868-4900
825 West Dixon Blvd Shelby, NC 704-482-3821
6834 Wilkinson Blvd Belmont, NC 877-574-2464 704-868-2000
America’s Best Inn:
1207 Broadcast Street Gastonia, NC 704-868-4900
502 Cox Road Gastonia, NC 800-80-8000, 704-867-3846
1716 E. Dixon Blvd. Shelby, NC 704-484-2101
Cherokee of Blacksburg:
140 Carroll Drive Blacksburg, SC 864-839-4001
Kings Mountain State Park:
1277 Park Road Blacksburg, SC 802-222-3209
B & D Campground
736 Stoney Point Rd. Kings Mountain NC 704-739-2958, 704-418-0669
The Best Campground of Charlotte NC
7800 Wilkinson Blvd Charlotte, NC 704-399-3251
Lake Norman State Park 159 Inland Sea Dr. Troutman, NC 704-528-6350
***Please ask about Duke Energy Corp. rate for discount
NUF / RP Fundamentals or General Employment Training on Nantel
If you need access, study material, or questions about Nantel please contact Brandy Neal at (864) 873-6206
- BHI Energy has an agreement with Bank of America to cash payroll checks.
Hotel/Motel accommodations in the Seneca / Clemson area.
Best Western Executive Inn
511 By Pass 123, Seneca, SC 29678
226 Hi-tech Road, Seneca, SC 29678
Seneca-Days Inn Clemson
11015 North Radio Station Road, Seneca, SC 29678
Comfort Inn Clemson
1305 Tiger Boulevard, Clemson, SC 29631
Hampton Inn Clemson
851 Tiger Boulevard, Clemson, SC 29631
Sleep Inn Clemson
1303 Tiger Boulevard, Clemson, SC 29631
(864) 653-3790 (fax)
Holiday Inn Express
1381 TIGER BLVD
CLEMSON SC 29631
Best Way Inn
320 By Pass 123
Seneca SC 29678
** It is required by Duke Energy and BHI Energy to wear protective footwear in the mechanical operating areas.
(The information below may help you with this requirement. They will deliver to your home address.)
Guard Your Dogs Safety Shoes, Inc.
“WHERE SAFETY AND COMFORT TOUCHES THE SOLE”
SLIP-RESISTANT AND STEEL TOE FOOTWEAR FOR
ALL TYPES OF JOB PROFESSIONS!!
ASK FOR LORI OR SYNICIA
50 OLD PEACHTREE RD NE
SUWANEE, GA 30024
1971 SANDIFER BLVD
SENECA, SC 29678
FAX – 770-904-6405