Outage Information > South Texas (STP)
BHI Energy recently made changes to the payment method of per diem for eligible employees. To assist you in understanding these changes, we have prepared the following answers to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). If you need further information or have any questions, please call the Payroll Department @ 800-225-0385
1) If I already have Direct Deposit (DD) will my Per Diem (PD) automatically be deposited ? YES
2) Can I still elect to receive a “live” PD check? PD is a non-taxable earning code on the weekly check. It is no longer a separate check. The entire check is paid either DD or live check, based on employee set up.
3) Is travel expenses and/or travel day PD included as a DD? For employees recruited out of the Piedmont SC office, travel is part of the weekly check (i.e., would be DD if employee is set up for DD). For employees recruited out of the Weymouth MA office, travel continues to be a live check. As we continue to streamline operations, we expect to have a consistent process by year end.
4) Will cash advances be DDed? Per Diem advances will continue to be a live check.
5) Will bonuses/incentives be DDed ? Bonuses will continue to be a live check.
6) Can PD be DDed into a different account? Employees are set up for one direct deposit account. The entire check is DD into the one account in the employee record. To ensure operational efficiency and reduced account maintenance and minimal direct deposit rejects, the limit is one account for DD.
7) How will it appear on my stub? The Per Diem is a separate non-taxable line item on the check. The earning code (PD1) shows as a separate line on the check. The number of days per diem, the per diem rate, and total amount shows on the check stub.
8) Will my W-2 be any different? The Per Diem will not show on the W2 earnings, as per diem is not taxable wages.
9) Can I opt out of DD? To delete DD, please email email@example.com requesting to cancel DD. Please include name and last 4 digits of SSN.
ANYONE INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING THE 2016 Fall OUTAGE NEEDS TO CONTACT Joey Melanson at 1-800-225-0385 Ext 1272 at THE BHI ENERGY-POWER SERVICES HOME OFFICE.
The BHI Site Manager will be David Swett (dpswett@STPEGS.com) and the outage starts and is scheduled for approx 30 days
A word about BHI Energy-Power Services
Rebranding of the Company- Many of you may have noticed the Bartlett name has been replaced with BHI Energy-Power Services. Starting Jan 1, 2015, the new name was implemented to relect the restructuring of the company. Over the last few years BHI Energy has grown and added additional services to support our customers and the BHI Energy Power Services brand encompasses the expanded services. You will hear more about the rebranding when you report ot the outage.
Travel safe and we look forward to seeing you at the upcoming outage.
Director of Operations-USA-STARS
South Texas Project requires a score of 80% for both junior and senior RP technicians. All technicians will be required to meet this standard.
Credit will be given for
score > 80 % on the NUF exam within the last 5 years
a current NRRPT certification.
WITHIN 21 DAYS OF YOUR STAFFING DATE EVERYONE CONFIRMED FOR THE OUTAGE NEEDS TO COMPLETE THE SECURITY PAPERWORK LOCATED IN THE LINKS SECTION ON THE UPPER LEFT SIDE OF THIS BLOG. BARTLETT FORMS NEED TO BE FAXED TO THE FAX LISTED ON THE FORM.
STP will send every technician an invite to their personal email account; this invite allows you to fillout and submit the required STP PHQ online. This online PHQ is required to be filled out no later than 10 days prior to arrival onsite.
REPORTING GATE CHANGE
Everyone reporting will enter the plant thru the Main GATE ENTRANCE off FM 521, on the first day. Park in the visitor’s lot (before going through security gate, on left). This will be for your first day only. You will be instructed where to park for the remainder of you stay. Report to the BHI Energy-Power Services Site Office site office LOCATED ON THE THIRD FLOOR of the Nuclear Support Center at 0600 on your report date. Refer to map link for Outage Reporting below.
STPNOC normally observes a business causal dress program. Blue jeans may be worn only on days designated by the Company. Collared shirts/blouses and unfaded colored jeans or Dockers type pants are examples of acceptable apparel. Examples of unacceptable business casual apparel wear are T-shirts, shorts, shirts with offensive or inappropriate sayings, messages or images; thong slippers or beach sandals.
Please come, prepared to work (hard hat, glasses, shoes, etc) during your in-processing week.
Remember to bring 1 of the following documents with you on your start date: your valid Driver’s License, State Photo ID Card or Passport. You will also need either a Social Security Card or a certified copy of your Birth Certificate. In addition, you are required to furnish dose records, if available, to the Dosimetry department.
As a reminder all Local Technicians (100 miles) do not qualify for travel expense reimbursement or Per Diem. Non Local Apprentice Decon/RMC Technicians also do not qualify for Per Diem.
In closing, we want to thank you in advance for completing and returning any of the required security forms to the home office and for joining our team at the South Texas Project. Should you need to contact the BHI Energy-Power Services site office prior to your report date, we can be reached at (361) 972-8957.
MEADOW CHASE APARTMENTS - 4901 Misty Lane
(979) 245-8616 Bay City, Texas
NICHOLS SQUARE APARTMENTS - 2901 Hamman Road
(979) 244-4011 Bay City, Texas
RIVERWAY APARTMENTS - 1909 Hamman road
(979) 244-2821 Bay City, Texas
BAY CITY INN Hwy 35 West
(979) -245-0985 Bay City, Texas
BEST WESTERN INN 407 7th St.
(979) 244-5400 Bay City, Texas
CATTLEMEN'S MOTEL 905 Avenue F
(979) 245-1751 Bay City, Texas
RIVERSIDE PARK 7330 FM 2668 Bay City TX (979)245-0340
SERENDIPITY RESORT Palacios, Texas
RV PARK S. Highway 60
(979) 863-7442 Matagorda, Texas
TRAVELERS PARADISE RV PARK 2517 Nichols Ave
(979) 244-2344 Bay City, Texas
BERT'S RV PARK 1120 State Highway 35 S.
(979) 245-2840 Bay City, Texas