BHI Energy recently made changes to the payment method of per diem for eligible employees. To assist you in understanding these changes, we have prepared the following answers to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). If you need further information or have any questions, please call the Payroll Department @ 800-225-0385
1) If I already have Direct Deposit (DD) will my Per Diem (PD) automatically be deposited ? YES
2) Can I still elect to receive a “live” PD check? PD is a non-taxable earning code on the weekly check. It is no longer a separate check. The entire check is paid either DD or live check, based on employee set up.
3) Is travel expenses and/or travel day PD included as a DD? For employees recruited out of the Piedmont SC office, travel is part of the weekly check (i.e., would be DD if employee is set up for DD). For employees recruited out of the Weymouth MA office, travel continues to be a live check. As we continue to streamline operations, we expect to have a consistent process by year end.
4) Will cash advances be DDed? Per Diem advances will continue to be a live check.
5) Will bonuses/incentives be DDed ? Bonuses will continue to be a live check.
6) Can PD be DDed into a different account? Employees are set up for one direct deposit account. The entire check is DD into the one account in the employee record. To ensure operational efficiency and reduced account maintenance and minimal direct deposit rejects, the limit is one account for DD.
7) How will it appear on my stub? The Per Diem is a separate non-taxable line item on the check. The earning code (PD1) shows as a separate line on the check. The number of days per diem, the per diem rate, and total amount shows on the check stub.
8) Will my W-2 be any different? The Per Diem will not show on the W2 earnings, as per diem is not taxable wages.
9) Can I opt out of DD? To delete DD, please email email@example.com requesting to cancel DD. Please include name and last 4 digits of SSN.
Thank you for choosing to work at Susquehanna’s 2019 Spring Refueling Outage. My name is Bjorn Nilsen and I'll be the Site Manager for the up coming U-2 outage. Here is some general information regarding this year’s outage:
- Outage duration is scheduled to be 34 days.
- Outage start date is scheduled to be 3/23/19.
- Prior to the outage we will work five-eight hour days, overtime may be offered as needed.
Health Physics contact information:
BHI Energy-Power Services HP Site Manager
1. Your first day of in processing starts at the APF building @ 07:00. Obtain your access/training traveler first at the welcome trailer (left side) in the parking lot and you will be directed from there. Please bring two forms of indentification.
2. There are two entrances to the plant on route 11. The entrance that has a white sign in black lettering stating learning center is the entrance you want (gate 20). The first building on your left is the learning center. Go past the Learning center to the next building on your left, which is the APF.
3. If you encounter any problems, will be late or can not attend training, call me as soon as you can. My cell is (570) 460-3263. You will not be paid for your late time or absent day for training
· If you have a tentative lay off date for another outage let me know. Plant parking lot is first come first served, do not park in reserved spaces.
· Sick or late for work (when on site) call the Unit II H.P.office @ (570-542-6728).
Identification - You will need a valid photo ID (ie driver’s license). Also, you may need to fill out an I-9 form (Employment Eligibility Verification) in which case additional identification will be required. Examples of addition ID's are; Passport, your Social Security card or an ORIGINAL birth certificate.
Safety Equipment - You will need ANSI certified safety shoes. Hard hats, non- prescription safety glasses, and modesty garments (scrubs) will be provided.
Two cafeteria's are on site and during the outage they serve food on dayshift and night shift.
Susquehanna is located 6 miles north of Berwick on US Route 11 in northeastern Pennsylvania. All personnel are to report to the Access Processing Facility at 7:00 AM on their report date.
From eastern PA - Follow Interstate 80 West and take exit 256, towards Nescopeck/Berwick. Follow PA-93 North approximately 9 miles and take a right at US-11 in Berwick. Follow US-11 North approximately 5 miles to the plant.
From western PA - Follow Interstate 80 East and take the US-11 N exit, exit 241B, towards Berwick. Follow US-11 North approximately 11 miles to the plant.
From southern PA - Follow Interstate 81 North to Interstate 80 west. Take exit number 256 and turn left onto PA-93 North. Follow PA-93 North for 14 miles and take a right at US-11 in Berwick. Follow US-11 North approximately 5 miles to the plant.
From southern NY - Follow Interstate 81 South and take the PA-29 exit, exit number 164, towards US-11/Nanicoke. Follow PA-29 approximately 5 miles and merge onto US-11 South. Follow US-11 South approximately 15 miles to the plant.
I will have a prescription safety glass reimbursement form. Glasses are ½ reimbursed up to a total of $30.00 per year.
Smoking Policy: Designated Smoking areas only. You are prohibited from smoking in transit from one location to another.
Call Joey Melanson at the Bartlett office @ Ext: 1272 for your travel pay, bonus, hourly rate and your Per Diem amount.
Per Diem at SSES is paid out for actual days worked and scheduled days off. You must work 75% of the scheduled hours in a given week to be reimbursed for Per Diem for that weeks weekend (40 hour week).
Paid holidays are Christmas, 4th July, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, New Years Day and Labor day at SSES. Paid if you meet the criteria mentioned in the the Bartlett Safety Handbook.
Council Cup Campground, 212 Ruckle Hill Rd, Wapwallopen, PA 18660 570-379-2566
Moyers Grove Campground
309 Moyers Grove Rd. Wapwallopen, PA 18660
Ramada Inn – Hazelton
1221 N. Church St. Hazleton, PA 18201
There are weekly rates as follows:
$400.00/week single & $450.00/week double for BHI people.
570-455-2061 (Front Desk)
2711 Columbia Blvd
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Gets booked quickly.
189 Columbia Mall Rd, Bloomsburg, PA 17815
About 23 miles from work @ Buckhorn Plaza.
Red Maple Motel
Rt. 11 Berwick, PA 18603
Gets booked quickly.
Lookout Motor Lodge
1279 State Route 93,
Drums, Pa 18222
Approx. 10 to 15 Min. Drive to work.
255 Papermill Rd, Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Approx 15 miles to work.
Stone Castle Motel 560 Montour Blvd. Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Super 8 Motel
450 W. 3rd St., Mifflinville, PA 18631
Budget Host - Patriot Inn
I-80 & Rt. 11 Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Bodnarosa Motel and Campground
1175 Salem Blvd,
Berwick, Pa 18603
Very close to the plant, nice, but expensive.
Directions.- From Berwick Pa., go south on route 11 to I-80 west and take the Buckhorn Exit.
Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Home, Sears, Gap, Radio Shack, Clothing stores, Penny's, Shoe Stores.
Ruby Tuesday's, Panara Bread, Chinese buffet, Charlies Steak House, Perkins, Fast Food, Cracker Barrel, Pizza, Buckhorn Restaurant and More.
Keep in mind when searching Fishing Areas, State Parks and other links, Bloomsburg
area is in Columbia County and Berwick is partly in Columbia and partly in Luzerne
Also, Pennsylvania provides for the imposition of a hotel occupancy tax for the occupancy of a hotel room by a person in the Commonwealth. However, "permanent residents" are exempt from this tax. A "permanent resident" is defined as any occupant who has occupied or has the right to occupy any room or rooms in a hotel for at least thirty consecutive days. If an occupant completes a 30 day consectutive occupancy during or at the expiration of a particular rental period, the occupant would be considered a permanent resident for that entire period. Therefore, after thirty days the hotel must refund the taxes collected and not charge further taxes.