BHI Energy recently made changes to the payment method of per diem for eligible employees. To assist you in understanding these changes, we have prepared the following answers to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). If you need further information or have any questions, please call the Payroll Department @ 800-225-0385
1) If I already have Direct Deposit (DD) will my Per Diem (PD) automatically be deposited ? YES
2) Can I still elect to receive a “live” PD check? PD is a non-taxable earning code on the weekly check. It is no longer a separate check. The entire check is paid either DD or live check, based on employee set up.
3) Is travel expenses and/or travel day PD included as a DD? For employees recruited out of the Piedmont SC office, travel is part of the weekly check (i.e., would be DD if employee is set up for DD). For employees recruited out of the Weymouth MA office, travel continues to be a live check. As we continue to streamline operations, we expect to have a consistent process by year end.
4) Will cash advances be DDed? Per Diem advances will continue to be a live check.
5) Will bonuses/incentives be DDed ? Bonuses will continue to be a live check.
6) Can PD be DDed into a different account? Employees are set up for one direct deposit account. The entire check is DD into the one account in the employee record. To ensure operational efficiency and reduced account maintenance and minimal direct deposit rejects, the limit is one account for DD.
7) How will it appear on my stub? The Per Diem is a separate non-taxable line item on the check. The earning code (PD1) shows as a separate line on the check. The number of days per diem, the per diem rate, and total amount shows on the check stub.
8) Will my W-2 be any different? The Per Diem will not show on the W2 earnings, as per diem is not taxable wages.
9) Can I opt out of DD? To delete DD, please email email@example.com requesting to cancel DD. Please include name and last 4 digits of SSN.