Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Watts Bar


Quick Launch

Outage Information > Watts Bar
March 11

​BHI Energy recently made changes to the payment method of per diem for eligible employees.  To assist you in understanding these changes, we have prepared the following answers to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). If you need further information or have any questions, please call the Payroll Department @ 800-225-0385

1)    If I already have Direct Deposit (DD) will my Per Diem (PD) automatically be deposited ?  YES
2)    Can I still elect to receive a “live” PD check?  PD is a non-taxable earning code on the weekly check.  It is no longer a separate check.  The entire check is paid either DD or live check, based on employee set up.
3)    Is travel expenses and/or travel day PD included as a DD?  For employees recruited out of the Piedmont SC office, travel is part of the weekly check (i.e., would be DD if employee is set up for DD).  For employees recruited out of the Weymouth MA office, travel continues to be a live check.  As we continue to streamline operations, we expect to have a consistent process by year end.
4)    Will cash advances be DDed?  Per Diem advances will continue to be a live check.
5)    Will bonuses/incentives be DDed ?  Bonuses will continue to be a live check.
6)    Can PD be DDed into a different account?  Employees are set up for one direct deposit account.  The entire check is DD into the one account in the employee record.  To ensure operational efficiency and reduced account maintenance and minimal direct deposit rejects, the limit is one account for DD.
7)    How will it appear on my stub?  The Per Diem is a separate non-taxable line item on the check.  The earning code (PD1) shows as a separate line on the check.  The number of days per diem, the per diem rate, and total amount shows on the check stub.
8)    Will my W-2 be any different?  The Per Diem will not show on the W2 earnings, as per diem is not taxable wages.
9)    Can I opt out of DD?  To delete DD, please email requesting to cancel DD.  Please include name and last 4 digits of SSN.

December 03
Watts Bar Spring 2019


Outage dates: 4/13/19 for about 30 days

For confirmation of your report date, please contact the BHI Energy home office at 1-800-225-0385 Ext. 1268 for Tricia.
All WBN confirmed techncians will be informed on the day they are to report at 0700 CST to the Central In-Processing (CIP)Bellefonte In-processing center in Hollywood Alabama.
In-Processing Facility In-Processing Facility
Address: 29199 Highway 72
Hollywood AL 35752
*The In-processing facility is immediately off Highway 72.
Bring two valid forms of ID to site with you and make sure they are not expired.
One must be a picture ID issued by either a U.S. State or Federal authority
(Drivers license, Passport, etc.).
Call the BHI Energy site coordinator before 0600 if you are delayed and will be late for in-processing.
December 03
Central In Processing Information
February 18


RV and Cabin Sites:
Hornsby Hollow Campground
379 Hornsby Hollow Campground Ln
Ten Mile, TN  37880
Located on beautiful Watts Bar Lake, surrounded by the Smoky Mountains
Bluewater Rv Resort and Marina
220 Bluewater Campground Rd
Dayton, TN  37321
Euchee Marina Restore & Campground
200 Euchee Lane
Ten Mile, TN  37880
The Euchee Marina Resort and Campground is located on Watts Bar Lake.
Sweetwater Valley KOA
269 Murrays Chapel Rd
Sweetwater, TN  37874
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sweetwater
1116 Highway 68 I-75 Exit 60
Sweetwater, TN  37874
Book online or call: 1 800 423 0908
Howard Johnson
22500 Rhea County Hwy, Spring City, TN 37381
(423) 365-9191
Quality Inn (Formerly Econo Lodge West)
249 Hwy 68, I-75 Exit 60, Sweetwater, TN, 37874, US
Phone: (423) 337-3353Fax: (423) 337-7260
100% Smoke Free
Hotels closer to the site will be located in Dayton or Spring City.


August 17
Watts Bar Parking
June 18
Long Term Assignment Living Expense Certification

​Assignments lasting longert than 90 days at a TVA site are subject to a certification process to establish eligibility to recieve Long Term Assignment Living Expenses (LTLE). This only applies to individuals receiving non-local pay and per diem. Long Term Assignment Living Expense is eqiuvalent to $70 dollars per day. To demonstrate eligibility, employees must complete a TVA certification form and provide supporting documentation such as current mortgage statements, tax records, utility bills, dees, rental agreements, proof of payment, etc. This applies to all assignments that are scheduled to last > 90 days. The BHI contact for more information regarding the certification process id Brandy Neal at 864-873-6206, BHI will notify all affected employees in advance of the certification due date to begin the process. Failure to submit the required documentation or successfully complete the process will result in termination of all LTLE and recovery of any uneligible expenses paid.

June 18
Map / Directions

Watts Bar Map